Tuesday, February 8, 2011

35 weeks!

How far along? 35 weeks
Weight gain/loss: I'll find out on Friday
Maternity clothes? mix of both
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep? SOOOOOO much better. My itching is very minimal now and I've been taking Tylenol PM at night.
Best moment this week? Getting all Logan's laundry done, organized his closet/drawers/gifts from the shower, and we got all the final necessities for baby boy! We're ready to go!
Food cravings: Very odd but I've been drinking lots of milk lately! Normally, I only drink it in cereal. I finished almost a gallon to myself in a matter of days. hmmm...
Gender: BOY
Belly button in or out? In
Movement? 24 hour dance party still going strong! He has a little foot that likes to jet out on my right side. He thinks it's funny until I tickle it. hehe
What I miss? Not missing much these days because I'm so focused on how our lives are going to change in less than 2 weeks!
What I'm looking forward to: getting the stitch out...T-MINUS ONE WEEK!
Milestones: There's a saying between pregnant women...35/35. It means you're 35 weeks and 35 days away from your due date. Lucky for us, we don't have to wait 35 more days! AAAAHHH

I'll start with an update about my weekend. My Mom came over around noon on Saturday to help me "nest." Since we only have 1-2 weekends left before Logan's arrival, I was starting to panic. What I thought would take us maybe 2 hours took us SEVEN....but we got so much done! Here's what we did:
-washed all bottles/pacifiers and put them away
-washed newborn and 0-3 month clothes
-hung up all of his clothes and put them in order by sizes
-washed all blankets, sheets, crib pads, socks, mittens, hats
-put all of the above away
-organized all bathroom necessities
-organized the changing table/bookshelf area
I'm sure I'm forgetting more. I had hoped to pack our hospital bags, but after 7 hours of the other stuff, I was beyond exhausted...and all I really did was sit in the same spot and fold clothes or put them on hangers. I am SO thankful to have had my Mom's help! She has been soooo great in helping me prepare the nursery and get all the last minute items. I don't know what I would have done without her. Logan sure is lucky to have a MiMi who loves him and his mommy so much!

Yesterday was my last visit with the high risk doctor...WOOHOO! Before the appointment, my Dad and I met my Mom for lunch at Cafe Express near her office. It was nice to go out to eat again, but I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time. When you've been in a bed for the past 87 days (yes, I'm counting!), simple excursions outside of the house can be very exhausting. After we ate, my Dad took me to my appointment. I had the first appointment time after lunch so I thought we'd be in and out in no time. HA. We sat in the waiting room for an hour before finally getting called back. UGH...I hate OB appointments. Why do doctors schedule more appointments than they can handle in one day? It's never made sense to me. Anywho...she did an ultrasound to check on Logan. His head is still in the 98th percentile (measuring 38wks 5 days) and all of his other measurements were over 36 weeks. When you combine all the measurements, the average was that he is about 37 weeks, 1 day. Best of all, his weight was estimated at 6lbs 11oz. HOLY COW. He is in the 75th percentile right now and the doctor said that I am growing a VERY healthy baby! The weight measurement is never accurate. It could be +/- ~1lb in either direction. They get the estimate by taking measurements of the baby's head, belly, and thigh bone and then put it into a formula to get the weight. At any rate, Logan is bigger than average and healthy. The fact that he is measuring so far ahead is due in part to the steroid shots I had at 24 weeks. However, he has been measuring big since my first ultrasound and my doctor said since Jordan and I are big people, I might just have big babies. Fine by me...I love chunky monkeys! Not much else to report about the appointment. She is in agreement with my regular OB about my weekly visits, taking the stitch out next week, and inducing at 37 weeks due to the cholestasis. She said she would do the exact same thing, so that makes me feel good.

Lastly, I would like to do a little shout-out to my AMAZING Husband. I fall in love with him more and more every day and we have become so incredibly close during this journey. When we found out we were pregnant, we thought the 9 months ahead of us would be a breeze. Why wouldn't they be? Up until 22 weeks, he made sure to be at EVERY doctor's appointment. I was having them every 2 weeks and he didn't miss a single one. When I was in the hospital, he spent many uncomfortable nights on a hard pull out chair just so I wouldn't have to be alone. He would bring me dinner every night so I wouldn't have to eat the nasty hospital food and he would bring along a "surprise" or two to cheer me up. After I was released, he converted a corner of the bedroom into my snack station. He stocks my fridge at night, takes care of the grocery shopping, pays all the bills, makes dinner every night, does my laundry, picks up the house, and runs errands for me. He does all of this without complaining. I seriously have not heard him complain about ONE.SINGLE.THING. I will be the first to admit that it has not been easy to live with a hormonal, pregnant woman on bed rest. He lets me cry on his shoulder and then gives me pep talks. He works hard to make sure I am comfortable and happy. He leaves for work every morning before 5 am and doesn't get home some nights until 7 pm. Before he leaves every morning, he walks into our dark room and whispers, "Tay-Tay!" He tells me and Logan he loves us and hopes we have a great day. Every day. And even after all we have been through, he still wants to have more babies with me. LOVE. He is my best friend and I couldn't get through this without his positive attitude. Last night, he shocked me yet again. He came home at 7:30 pm in a great mood. He walked in the bedroom and said, "I have surprises!" He did something I never would have expected from him. He went shopping for our son all by himself and spoiled Logan rotten. He bought toys and picked out some cute t-shirts all by himself. To see how excited he was to show me made my heart melt. I can tell he is getting REALLY excited to meet his baby boy. Everyone always asks how I'm doing and wants to make sure I'm okay, but no one really asks how he is doing...and he's okay with that. However, I am beyond amazed at his strength. He has a lot on his shoulders right now and he still puts me and our son above all others. He would rather work long hours all week and stay home with me on the weekend than be anywhere else. Most weekends, I have to force him to go out and do something with his friends. He always tells me he would rather stay home with me since I can't leave the house, but I know how much responsibility he has around here and I know how important it is to have a somewhat normal life every once in a while. Jordan, you are an incredible man and you are going to be an excellent father! I can never repay you for all you have done for our family. Logan and I are blessed beyond words to have you in our lives and we love you more than you will ever know!

Here are some of the goodies Jordan bought for our baby boy:
St. Patty's Day t-shirt for next year:Valentine's Day t-shirt for next year:Beatles shirt for when he is a toddler:
35 Week "Bump":

No comments:

Post a Comment