Tuesday, December 7, 2010

26 weeks, 1 day and our BOUNCING baby boy!


How far along? 26 weeks, 1 day
Weight gain/loss: +7 pounds from pre-pregnancy. At my appointment last week, I had lost 3 pounds since being on bedrest. At my appointment today, I was the same as last Friday.
Maternity clothes? yes...but I can still wear most of my pre-pregnancy pants/jeans if I rubberband them to hold them up. Right now, the only days I wear maternity clothes are when I go to the doctor. The rest of the time I wear one of Jordan's t-shirts.
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep? It's taking me longer to fall asleep now that I'm on bedrest.
Best moment this week? Finding out that Logan is now over 2lbs! Oh yeah, and being able to leave the house again today to go to the doctor!
Food cravings: Still haven't had any "cravings." However, I could always go for some Chick-fil-a and anything with jalapenos...so strange.
Gender: BOY...Logan Scott!
Belly button in or out? In
Movement? All the time
What I miss? My students
What I'm looking forward to: Getting my house cleaned by my parents' maid!
Milestones: I've almost completed my 2nd trimester! 6 days to go...

Today was my weekly doctor's appointment. My awesome sister-in-law, Amber, picked me up and droped me off at the doctor around 9 so I could do my 1 hr glucose test before my appointment. I had 5 minutes to drink that NASTY fruit punch. About 10 minutes into the one hour, my doctor's nurse called and said my doctor wanted to see me on Friday morning instead of today. I told her I was already downstairs in the lab and that I would not have anyone to pick me up until 11 so Friday really wasn't going to work. She was very nice and told me to go ahead and come on upstairs as soon as I was done with the glucose test and they would see me right away. Thank goodness. I had an ultrasound and then met with my doctor. We didn't get any of Logan's measurements since they had just done that on Friday. They were only checking my cervix length. Bad news...it's gotten even shorter. It was 1.8cm on Friday and 1.4cm today. UGH. WHAT is wrong with my body???? After the ultrasound, I met with my doctor and he did another pelvic exam. I'm still not dialated, there was no bleeding, and my water still has not broken. All good things. My doctor says that the shortening is not worrying him until one of the things I just listed occurs. Also, as long as I'm not having contractions, the cerclage(stitch) will not be coming out any time soon. He said we're all doing everything we can do and each day is "goal" to getting Logan here safely. Even though he is optimistic, it's hard to not get down on myself. I've literally been in bed for more than 23 hours a day and my cervix is still changing...I wish I had answers as to why. All I can do is keep praying Logan stays put. Logan, you are SUCH a good boy already. Mommy and Daddy are SOOOOOO proud of you!

On the way home from the doctor, my dad drove me through Taco Cabana...yummmm. He then had to pull over 5 min later so I could get out of the car and throw up. I really think it was that nasty drink I had to drink for the glucose test...it just didn't sit well in my stomach. We then got home and I threw up a lot more. I got in the bed and started feeling better and then felt even better after eating my lunch. That tells me it was definitely the drink...and maybe some nerves from seeing the doctor.

As I mentioned above, my parents are sending their maid over on Friday afternoon. My Mom called me last week and said they wanted to do that for us and I couldn't be more excited! My sweet Husband has done a FABULOUS job of picking up and taking care of things, but let's face it...he doesn't "clean." Like, mop, sweep, scrub...I used to take care of that part. Soooo...my house is getting a good scrub down on Friday and I could not be more ecstatic and grateful for my parents for setting this up! Jordan started cleaning out Logan's room last weekend and has a few more items to move out of there before Friday. My biggest thing is having the maid scrub down his room in preparation for his furniture being delivered. Yes, ALL of his furniture is in and ready to be delivered and set up. I can't wait! My child is getting all the best and his room will certainly be the cutest/preppiest nursery ever.

I will leave you all with a short video of our bouncing baby boy! I've told you before about how active this kid is and I wanted to prove it with a video of my tummy jumping around. This was "calm" for him. I'll try to get a better video another day when he is REALLY wiggling up a storm. I can't wait to meet this little guy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment