Monday, November 29, 2010

Have you seen your strips?!

I had a hard time falling asleep on Monday night. I stayed up a prayed for a long time asking God to help my body cooperate, while still thanking him for keeping Logan safe! When I woke up Tuesday morning, the nurse came in and said, "have you seen your strips today?" She was talking about the printouts of my contractions. I looked over and was stunned. They were in a more steady line, rather than looking like mountains, and it was the BEST they had looked since the time I was admitted into the hospital.

I tried all day to stay very calm. I layed on my side as much as possible and just kept praying. My doctor came in that afternoon and said he was very pleased with how things were looking. He told me his goal was to have me out by Thanksgiving Day. Then he explained "the plan."

Here's "the plan:"
I will be placed on a terbutaline pump that will be placed in my abdomen. It will deliver steady doses of the medicine into my body to keep the contractions at bay. I will also be set up with a home monitoring device. I will have to hook myself up to a contraction monitor twice a day and wait for a nurse to call me with the results and tell me what to do next, if anything. All of this will be done through a home health service with visiting nurses. Right now, we are still waiting for this plan to happen. The only thing standing in the way is getting approved by insurance. Praying it will happen soon!!!

On Wednesday, I will still looking the same as Tuesday, which was really good news. The doctor gave me a shot of terbutaline at 7 am and a pill form of it and took me off the magnesium at 8 am. HALLELUJAH!!!! Then we played the waiting game until 5 pm when my doctor said he would make a decision. Jordan got off work early that day so he came up to be with me and his mom was there, too. At 5 pm, the nurse came in and said, "You're going home!!!!!!!" Music to my ears! Since I had stayed the same for over 24 hours, the doctor felt like I was safe to go home. I am taking terbutaline by mouth every 4 hours until the pump is approved. My bed rest is very strict right now...mostly because we're still in iffy-waters. I can get up to use the restroom and can take a 10 minute shower every other day. That's it. The rest of my time is spent in bed, mostly on my side. I can't complain though. I have never been so happy to be home!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment