Monday, November 29, 2010

A Thanksgiving to remember...

We got home around 7 pm on Wednesday night. I got straight into bed and didn't push my luck with taking a shower. Jordan's mom and dad bought us a mini-fridge to keep next to the bed, so Jordan set that up immediately.

I have never slept so good in my life. It felt so good to be in my own bed, without an IV in my arm, and being able to use my own restroom. The little things. I am grateful.

On Thursday, I woke up and took a shower. Jordan got all my clothes ready and sat next to the shower in case something happened. Our parents came over around 2 pm and prepared the most delicious Thanksgiving meal for us. They took care of everything for us. It was very low key, but definitely a Thanksgiving I will never forget. The meaning of giving thanks has never meant so much to me as it did this year. I have an incredible Husband, parents and in-laws who go over and beyond every day to make sure we have everything we need and love us like crazy, brothers and sisters who love us and would do anything for us, and now a growing baby in my tummy who is a fighter and already the light of my life. He is now my reason for living. Everything I've gone through this pregnancy is worth it. I wouldn't change a thing. He and I already have an indescribable bond and I'm so lucky I get to be his Mommy. Logan, Mommy and Daddy love you! Thank you for being such a good boy. We can't wait to meet you in a few months!!!

So now here I am on bed rest. I have filed for disability and will be unable to work until after Logan arrives. That's okay though. We will survive and we have so many people love and support us that we will get through it. My days are long a boring, but my Husband and family are thinking of new ways to keep me busy every day. I have a check-up on Friday, Dec 3rd to check how the cerclage is holding up and to check Logan's measurements. My doctor visits will be the highlight of my week because I will get to leave the house...woohoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are taking a turn for the better! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete