Monday, November 29, 2010

November 9th...

We went back to the doctor on Nov 9th to have the spot in Logan's tummy looked at again. The doctor told us it was still there, hadn't really grown much, but he wanted to refer us to a high risk doctor to get a second opinion. At the same appointment, he said that they had measured my cervix and it seemed somewhat short...2.6cm. Anytime it gets under 3 cm, they begin monitoring it more closely. When it gets under 2 cm, they start getting worried and bed rest is usually prescribed. My doctor said he wanted me back in two weeks to remeasure it and we would take it from there.

On Nov 11th, we had an appointment with the high risk doctor in the Med Center. The doctor we met with was FANTASTIC. She was very thorough and suggested we get an MRI done to get a better picture of what we were dealing with. Like my regular doctor, she agreed that Logan was not being harmed in any way. Her guess was that it was a hamertoma, which is a benign tumor. Jordan's mom was born with the same thing. We mentioned it to her, but it has not been found to be a genetic thing. Who knows. Here's where it gets interesting...thank goodness my Husband spoke up! We were just about to leave and Jordan said, "we have an appointment with Dr. B in two weeks to remeasure her cervix. Should we do the MRI before or after that?" The look on the doctor's face immediately changed. The tech jumped in and said, "her cervix is fine. I measured it and it was 3.2 cm." That's when I said, "ummm....no. It was 2.6cm on Tuesday." The doctor immediately turned back on the ultrasound machine to measure for herself. The color drained from her face and I knew it was bad. She measured it as 2.17cm. Needless to say, that tech left the room and we never saw her again.

From there, the doctor became VERY worried. I was moved into another room and she checked me to see if I was dialated yet. Thank goodness, I wasn't. I began crying and starting to worry because everything had changed so quickly. By this time, my normal doctor's office had closed for the day. The on call doctor was reached and he told us to come into the office the next morning at 8:30am for an emergency cerclage.

Friday morning rolls around and Jordan's mom took me to the doctor. Silly us...we thought I'd be in and out of there in a couple hours. Well, turns out there was a lot of miscommunication between the high risk doctor, on call doctor, and my doctor. We were now being told the procedure was being done on Monday at noon. I lost it. I'm not gonna lie, I threatened the nurse with the fact that my brother is an attorney and my mom works for attorneys and there would be BIG PROBLEMS if something happened to my baby over the weekend. I was only 22 weeks. Long story short, we went home, I spent all weekend on strict bed rest, and weekly progesterone shots were started.

Little did I know, everything was about to change even more...

No comments:

Post a Comment